Psalm 77


I cried out to God for help, 
To hear me in my distress 
I sought Him through prayer in the night 
I would not lie down to rest 

I remembered You, God, and I groaned 
I pondered and my spirit grew weak 
You kept me from sleeping  
I was too anguished to speak  

I reminisced on years when I sang  
I thought, “Will God reject me forever? 
Will the Lord show His favour again? 
Has His unfailing love gone forever?” 

“Has He forgotten His mercy? Has His promise failed forever? Has He withheld His compassion 
Towards me in His anger?” 

Then I refocused on when  
The Most High delivered me 
I will consider Your miracles  
And the Lord Almighty’s deeds 

Your ways, great God, are holy 
Your power’s a sight to be seen 
And by Your outstretched arm, 
Your people are redeemed  

The waters saw You and writhed, 
Lightning flashed and thunder roared  
Your arrows lit up the world  
And, oh, how the rainclouds poured 

The earth trembled and quaked  
As You tread through the mighty sea, 
Shepherding Your people to safety 
Though Your footprints could not be seen    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prophecy is Unfolding (Matthew 24)

Prophecy is unfolding Before our very eyes   A new world  order  is coming    Ruled by deception and lies Do not be alarmed    When wars and...