I Thirst

Writhing on the cross,  
I am spit on and crushed  
I cry out in anguish   
Breathless, like dust  
My mouth is dried up and cracked;  
I am poured out and drained   
My life spilled on the ground,  
Blood-splattered and stained   
My lips always echoed   
God's truth and grace   
Now My heart has melted within Me;  
My joints are displaced  
Listen to my plea   
That I may flourish once more   
Now despised and rejected,   
Now suffering and scorned   
Satisfy my desperate desire;  
Give strength to my bones   
I've never known thirst like this;  
I feel forsaken, alone   
Languishing apart from the Fountain   
Where springs of life flow   
I long for Your righteousness   
To refresh, overflow   
Into this place of torment   
Where I have been hurled   
As I bear the whole sin   
Of this unholy world  
--- 
Christ drank the bitter gall  
Then declared, "It is finished"  
His dying words our victory   
Our salvation accomplished           
---
Based on Psalm 22 and Isaiah 53

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prophecy is Unfolding (Matthew 24)

Prophecy is unfolding Before our very eyes   A new world  order  is coming    Ruled by deception and lies Do not be alarmed    When wars and...