What Would Sinners Do?

Why would the crowd choose  
To set a murderer free 
And call for the death of Christ 
Who raised the dead  
And caused the blind to see? 
If I had been among them  
Would I have acted differently? 
Am I more comfortable  
With sin and stain  
Than with peace and purity? 
Would I disown God 
When push came to shove? 
Would I choose darkness over light 
And hatred over love? 
Would I stand and testify  
To defend my Defender 
When I had witnessed His mercy? 
Would I willingly surrender 
My reputation or my life 
To set a prisoner free? 
Would I cling to the chains 
Of the mob mentality? 
Would I follow Jesus to the cross 
Where He died for you and me? 
Would I let Him change the course 
Of my broken history? 
Would I admit my need 
Of His righteous sacrifice?  
Would I see my Saviour  
And choose freedom with Christ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prophecy is Unfolding (Matthew 24)

Prophecy is unfolding Before our very eyes   A new world  order  is coming    Ruled by deception and lies Do not be alarmed    When wars and...