A Prophet's Calling

When false claims 
To authority were silenced, 
I saw the Lord, high and exalted  
And the glory of His divineness  
Filled up the temple  
The angels covered their eyes 
One cried, “Holy, holy, holy  
Is the Lord of hosts; 
The whole earth is full of His glory!” 
At which the doorposts  
And foundations trembled  
And the place was filled up with smoke 
I said, “Woe is me, for I am undone 
The words I have uttered  
Have made me unclean 
And I dwell in the company  
Of people like me; 
For my eyes have seen   
The LORD of hosts, the King” 
Then an angel flew  
From the altar to me  
And touched my mouth  
With a coal still burning  
Saying to me, “Behold, 
This has touched your lips; 
Your sin’s been removed, 
Your iniquity purged” 
Then the voice of the Lord,  
Spoke and I heard: 
“Whom shall I send  
And who, for Us, will go?” 
I said, “Here am I! Send me” 
And the Lord said to me, “Go, 
Tell the people, for Me: 
Keep on hearing, but don’t understand 
Keep on seeing, but do not perceive 
Make the heart of this people dull 
Their ears heavy, their eyes sealed 
Lest they see and hear  
And know with their heart  
And return and be healed                             
---
Isaiah 6:1-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prophecy is Unfolding (Matthew 24)

Prophecy is unfolding Before our very eyes   A new world  order  is coming    Ruled by deception and lies Do not be alarmed    When wars and...