Put to Death

For years, I wanted 
to do away with myself,
put to death who I was
because
I didn't know the One
God's only Son
who was put to death for me,
nailed to a cross 
to set me free

Christ conquered death,
conquered Hell
so that I could be forgiven
of my sin
and He could dwell 
within

Now I daily put to death
my former self-
naked, blind and poor,
am clothed in His righteousness,
His righteousness divine,
His everlasting embrace,
see glimpses of His glory,
live in the wealth 
of His love and joy and peace,
His abundant grace

As He sings ballads to me,
with tender mercies, woos me
I bring all I have to Him,
my heart, my soul, my mind
for all i have, is from His hand,
is from His nail-scarred hand
---
March 3, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prophecy is Unfolding (Matthew 24)

Prophecy is unfolding Before our very eyes   A new world  order  is coming    Ruled by deception and lies Do not be alarmed    When wars and...