Celebrating Communion

The celebrant 
holds out
the elements
within his grasp-
bread and wine

joyfully he says
receive, and clasp
remember Christ
His sacrifice
who for the joy
endured the cross

I take and eat,
drink in deep
the One who satisfies
and fills my soul 
to overflowing
knowing I am Thine
the Bread of Life

abiding in the Vine,
I am grafted, grateful
for this plateful
of communion-
union
with God’s only Son
whose body was broken
His blood outpoured 

with oneness,
I bless 
and thus am blessed 
my spirit lifted,
rejoicing
voicing celebration
for salvation

at the table of the Lord
-----
January 28, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prophecy is Unfolding (Matthew 24)

Prophecy is unfolding Before our very eyes   A new world  order  is coming    Ruled by deception and lies Do not be alarmed    When wars and...