Psalm 139

Within the womb, together You knit
All my inward parts
May every fiber of my being
Proclaim how great Thou art

May I bow before You
Trembling with fear and wonder
Shout praise for Your marvellous works
That speak aloud like thunder

If I take the wings of the morning
And dwell in the depths of the sea
If I hide in the darkness of night
Your spirit is not lost from me

How precious are Your thoughts to me
How great is their total amount
Greater than the number of sand
Much higher than one can count

You have searched me and known
When I recline and when I stand
My thoughts, where I go
All my ways You understand

Each day of my life You've designed
And in Your book You've inscribed
While I was yet unformed
Before one day came to light

You hear every word that I speak
You follow me and You lead
I am overwhelmed by this thought--
You are an awesome God

Search me, O God, my heart comprehend,
My anxieties test
See if any evil lurks within
And lead me in the path that You bless
-----
July 16, 2002

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prophecy is Unfolding (Matthew 24)

Prophecy is unfolding Before our very eyes   A new world  order  is coming    Ruled by deception and lies Do not be alarmed    When wars and...